Linking Of PAN And Aadhar
Linking the Aadhaar card with PAN card has been made Compulsory for every taxpayer by the Indian Government. Plus, Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley has Gives a green signal to this implementation in the Finance Bill 2017-18 to eliminate tax evasion through the use of multiple PAN cards. People have been rushing to link Aadhaar number with permanent account number (PAN) on the income tax website as the Deadline was 30th June, Which results In Crashing Of Website.
What Is A PAN Card
A PAN (Permanent Account Number) card is a unique 10 character code that is assigned to all tax paying entities in India. Issued by the Income Tax Department, the card links all transactions that attract tax under a single source, making it convenient for the government to keep track of these.
A PAN card is necessary for filing Income Tax returns in the country, and all individuals and entities that pay tax, including foreigners are expected to have one.Besides its primary use, a PAN card is also used as proof of identity and age for everything from booking tickets for a movie, investing in the stock market to applying for a passport.
What Is An Aadhar Card
Aadhaar is a 12-digit unique identification number issued by the Indian government to every individual resident of India. The Unique Identification Authority of India (UDAI), which functions under the Planning Commission of India, is responsible for managing Aadhaar numbers and Aadhaar identification cards.
Source : TechTarget
How To Link Your PAN Card With Aadhar Card Step By Step
There Are Two Methods To Link Your PAN Card With Aadhar Card
- By Text Message.
- By Official Website Of Income Tax Department Of India.
Now, I’m Gonna Explain Both Methods One By One .
How To Link Pan Card With Aadhar Card By Text Message:
To Link Pan Card With Aadhar Card You Have To Send A Message In Following Format :
SMS format to link Aadhaar with PAN
Send SMS to 567678 or 56161 in following format:
UIDPAN <Space><12 digit Aadhaar><Space><10 digit PAN>
(Note : Dont Type “<Space>” )
Example: UIDPAN 3421342112341234 AAAAAE12EE
The department issued ads in newspapers across the country and explained how both the both the unique identity numbers of a person can be attached by sending a message to either 56161 or 567678.
The individual will receive an One Time Password from the Aadhar database to their registered mobile number. It has been made compulsory by the government, for the tax payers, to mention the Aadhar or the enrolment id at the time of filing their Income-Tax returns (ITR)
How To Link Pan Card With Aadhar Card By Official Website Of Income Tax Department Of India:
People can also go to the official e-filing website of the Income Tax Department and link both these documents. Linking these two proofs of identity will help you to get tax facilities online.
- Click Here : Link PAN Card With Aadhar Card
- Enter Your PAN Number.
- Enter Your Aadhar Number.
- Enter Your Name As Per Your Aadhar Card.
- If Your Aadhar Card Have Only Year Of Birth Then Tick “I Have Only Year Of birth In Aadhar Card”
- Type The CAPTCHA.(Note : You Can Also Request An OTP On Your Mobile Number Which Is Registered In Aadhar Database).
- Click On Link Aadhar.
- You Have Successfully, Linked Your PAN With Aadhar Card.
Why Linking Of PAN Card And Aadhar Card Is Compulsory
Both PAN Card And Aadhar Card Provides Unique Identity Of An Individual Or An Organization And Serves As Proof Of Identity That Are Necessary For Verification And Authentication Purpose.
The Linking Of PAN Card And Aadhar Card Is Made Cumpolsory For Following Purpose:
- Prevent Tax Evasion.
- Prevent And Neutralize Multiple PAN Cards.
- Ease in Filing of Income Tax Returns.
What Happen If Your PAN Card And Aadhar Card Have Fault In Details Like Name,DOB etc
Income Tax department has started the online facility for correction of errors in names and other information present on the Aadhaar document and Permanent Account Number (PAN) card. Now it has also added two hyperlinks on the official website for e-filing of tax.
- One link takes to the application page for Permanent Account number by an Indian national or a foreigner
- Other link takes you to the page where you can update all the necessary changes. In order to update all the Aadhaar details, an individual can easily log on to the Aadhaar SSUP (Self Service Update Portal). He/she can also upload all the scanned documents that are needed as data update request proof.
What Happpen If You Dont Linked Your PAN Card With Aadhar Card
- For Those , Who Doesn’t Have Aadhar Card a partial relief by the court has been given to them, that their PAN will not be cancelled so that other consequences under the I-T Act for filing to quote PAN may not arise.But Eventually They Have To Apply For The Aadhar Card As Soon As Possible.
- According to a report in The Economic Times: After July 1, the linking will become mandatory and the government may declare a date after which the PAN not linked to Aadhaar will become invalid. The government has not declared that date yet.So, You Dont Have To worry ,Atleast For Now .But I suggest You To Link Your PAn Card And Aadhar Card As Soon As Possible.